In 1895, the Goldsmid family, major landowners in the area, built the Hall for the
estate staff to use for their recreation. To complete the Arts and Crafts design,
a major mural was painted at one end of the Hall in 1897, showing local estate workers
in typical scene.
By 2003, thanks to the Community Fund (National Lottery), the Local Authorities and
Waste Recycling plc as well as charitable bodies and local villagers, the Goldsmid
Hall Trust signed a 99 years lease and undertook significant improvements, with a
new extension and refurbished Hall.
The Goldsmid Hall was then in use on a regular basis by the estate workers and the
community of the Parish of Tudeley-cum-Capel with Five Oak Green.
In 2000, the local community got together to raise funds to buy a lease for the Hall
and to invest in major improvements.
Silver Jubilee Party 1977
A Committee was formed and immediately obtained charitable status with the objective
of promoting educational and recreational activities by providing the facilities
of the Goldsmid Hall.